Hello friends! I just got back from a great week at Nutanix .Next 2018, where not only did I get to hang out with some amazing coworkers, but was able to catch up with some great folks in the vCommunity. There are a ton of .Next 2018 Summary blogs out there, hopefully this will be different enough to keep you interested.
eGroup Specific Items:
- Nutanix Certified Sales Expert (NCSX) – I’m going to start off this post by bragging a little bit about one of eGroup’s own becoming one of the first to obtain the NCSX certification. Daniel Navarro is an amazing guy, a great Account Exec (you’re lucky if you get to work with this guy) and someone who sets goals and crushes them EVERY SINGLE TIME! Extremely proud of this guy!
- Nutanix Sponsor Theater Session – Mike Dent, Myself and Devin Costa (Customer) presented on how we helped transform a customers datacenter from an aging, legacy three-tier configuration to a Next-Gen datacenter. We discussed their old pain points, and how Nutanix, running on Cisco UCS C-Series simplified everything about their datacenter operations.
- Nutanix Beam – This is Nutanix first “Software as a Service” offering. Beam is a multi-cloud tool that allows you to manage cost, security and compliance of a customers cloud service. It provides in-depth analysis of how an organization of how they are utilizing their public cloud presence, as well as help you right size your assets. Best of all, if you choose not to use the Nutanix platform in your datacenter, you can still take advantage of the offering. Beam currently supports Microsoft Azure, as well as AWS.
- Nutanix Flow – Nutanix Flow is the Nutanix SDN solution that provides application based security against internal and external threats against applications. Flow also provides features such as Network Visualization, Network Automation and as mentioned application based microsegmentation. Watch out NSX, Nutanix is coming for you.
- Nutanix Era – (Not GA Yet) – Era is a suite of software tools which automates and simplifies database management, as well as providing lifecycle management. Era utilizes Nutanix application snapshots.
- One-Click Time Machine – This allows customers to easily manage multiple copies of databases.
- One-Click DB clone – Allows admins to quickly create database clones or refresh to any point in time where there is a snapshot.
- Nutanix Acropolis File Services (AFS) 220.127.116.11 – File servers aren’t the sexiest topic to blog about, but AFS continues to evolve into an even better File Server. With AFS 3.0, Nutanix added the following features:
- NFS v4 Support – With NFS support, clients that have Linux and Unix clients can not take advantage of AFS.
- Third-Party Backup integration – This allows third party backup vendors to utilize Nutanix provided API’s to backup the File System using Change File Tracking (CFT) technology. This allows vendors to record and collect information about any changes to the files in each snapshot sent to the backup server, thus providing a log of all file changes across snapshots.
- File Activity Monitoring – This allows vendors (think Varonis) to integrate with AFS to provide information about every action on every file in a file server. Not the sexiest topic, but a GREAT compliance add.
- Calm – Nutanix Calm continues to be one of the most talked about features. Calm allows you to create blueprints for application provisioning. These blueprints can provision these blueprints as code on AHV, ESXi, AWS and the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Nutanix continues to impress me with their fast pace of innovation and the products that they are bringing to market. All of the above product and updates are tools that any organization can utilize, whether you are big or small.
Until next time, enjoy this gem of us saying “See ya next time Nutanix .Next”