This is the third post in the Azure Backup Server series, we will be covering the agent install portion of the deployment. As I mentioned during the last post, I will assume that you have all previous steps completed before moving on to this step.
This will be the shortest post of the series.
- Open the Azure Backup Server application via the desktop icons created during the install.
- Click on the Management button in the bottom left hand corner
- On the Management screen, Click on Agents, then click on Install | This will bring up the “Protection Agent Installation Wizard” screen.
- Select Install Agents – This option will allow you to push agents via the Azure Backup Server | Click Next
- If the computer you want to backup is on the same domain as the Azure Backup Server, you will see the servers listed in the available servers list. You can search for servers from this screen as well. Click on the server you want to install the agent and click Add so that it is in the selected computer section. Click next
- Enter administrative credentials that you would normally use to install software on the server. Click next.
- On the “Chose restart method” screen – Chose the restart option for your server and click next.
- On the installation page – click “Install” – this will install the agent on the workstation – When the install is complete, you will either get a success or fail. Once successful, click close.
- Once the install is complete- you will see the agent installed
**Note: At this step, you will need to install the “Windows Backup Server” feature on the selected server. DPM utilizes the built in backup application to assist with backups.