Nutanix does it again with Prism and their “One-Click” upgrades. With Acropolis Operating System (AOS) 5.0, you can now patch your hypervisor with Prism via “Upgrade Software”.
- Ensure HA is enabled on your cluster
- Ensure DRS is enabled
To patch your hypervisor, follow these steps.
- Before you patch/upgrade your hypervisor, I would recommend running the “Nutanix Cluster Checks” (NCC) to check the health of your cluster. Select “Health” from the Prism menu
- Select Actions| Run Checks – This usually takes less than 5 minutes and you will receive an email report with the results
- To upgrade the software, click “Settings” and then “Upgrade Software”
- Click on the “Hypervisor” tab and click on “Upload Hypervisor binary”
- Once you have uploaded the files Click Upgrade | You will be prompted for vCenter credentials to proceed.
- Click upgrade